Not In Kansas Anymore...

Click your heels, and see if home is where you hang your hat, or somewhere else inside yourself as this simple, postmodern girl takes on L.A.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I GOT A JOB!

Yes, yes, she's not totally unemployable! Apparently her smarts and charm still work, and do not need to be repaired ( although where I would go for that, I'm not sure)!

Ironically, I'm working as a receptionist for a massage therapy place ( not THAT kind of massage, get your mind out of the gutter). The pay isnt too great, but it's very low stress; you know, nice tinkling music and low lighting and candles and whatnot, and everyone walks around whispering. "Do we have clean towels?" " Can you put a new bucket of water in the sauna?" , and suchlike. AND I get one free massage a month! That alone makes me want to dance on tables. It's so weird: I get into this accident that wrecks my back so I can't do what I used to, which is not so bad, since I got tired of the stupid mall, broken stems flying at my head and getting yelled at such heinous crimes as using the wrong envelopes. Now I'm here, working at a job so quiet I could fall asleep, doing laundry ( which I like, believe it or not) and answering the phone...in a place where if there's something wrong with my back, they'll fix it for free. The Universe is very strange sometimes.

Of course I'm TERRIFIED. It could all go wrong at any second! I keep thinking of that old Smiths song " I looked for a job and I found a job/ And heaven knows I'm miserable now...." After all, that's how the last situation turned out. But who knows? I can't fuck up everything, and eventually, everything can't be fucked up despite me, so maybe it will all work out.

I hope. I hope I hope.