Not In Kansas Anymore...

Click your heels, and see if home is where you hang your hat, or somewhere else inside yourself as this simple, postmodern girl takes on L.A.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

FINALLY, a blog. It has to be short, because I'm wicked tired. A few quick updates:

Job: not yet. Got a few leads. A boutique in Touloca Lake wants to talk to me. They're this little upscale private shop. I like their stuff, although I can't afford it. Its quiet in there, and pretty basic. I figure I could handle it.

Went and worked ONE day at the Chain Florist. It was like working at McDonald's compared to Satan's Flower Shop Haute Cuisine. I'm used to upscale, high-maintainence, event-oriented things. This is like the whole FTD, put-alot-of-cheap-shit-in-there-to fill-it-out situation. Very tacky. ( I've apparently developed an eye for this kind of thing!). At any rate, that didn't bother me- after all, I'm just there to get paid, not be the Aesthetic Police. But the job is very wire-transfer heavy, with all these complicated systems I had no clue about. And the woman that hired me said she agreed to pay me what I was making at the other Shop based on her assumption that she wouldn't have to train me much. Obviously, that wasn't the case. She offered to let me stay at an enormous cut in pay and learn, but I politely declined. It was barely above minimum wage, and I just can't see investing that kind of time for so little return when I could be out looking for work instead. She paid me, and I left, no hard feelings.

I do have a bit of money in my pocket, so I'm not gonna die or anything ( thanks mom). I need to pay my phone bill ( f#$#%%ing SBC, those capitalistic bastards!!), but other than that, I'm okay. Gas in my car, food in my fridge, cats fed, etc. I can afford to coast a bit to look around. Especially if I have interest from other places and leads on other options....

Love Life: Man From Global Hotspot came home. Called me, after I emailed and said, "oh come on, let's just meet and stop the drama, and see what's there!" And WHOA. What was there was ALOT. We just clicked right away, talking for like 8 hours straight. The first time we went out, he picked me up at 5:30, and we had dinner ( and attempted to go to a play, but we missed it), and we just gabbed til about 1am. Then he kissed me, and AHEM. He didn't leave the house til 4am. Let's just say I used some restraint but there were some serious sparks.
And later on in the week, when I saw him again....in the area I know you're all waiting for.... YES, THE DRY SPELL HAS ENDED!!! WOOHOOO!
Throw me a parade, I got laid. And it was great (like 6 hours or so of not getting out of bed great. Can't get much better.... ) I am such a nicer, mellower person now, it's truly unbelievable.
Ahhh. Relief. I feel like a new woman!

As for the emotional side, I am one smitten kitten. I just adore this man, he's such a sweetheart and so attentive and smart and kind. I'd like to keep him, if he'll let me. It's a bit hard, since he'll be going back to Global Hotspot Sept .7, only to return in December. I feel as though I have to cram all this courtship in before he goes, and it sucks. He's got other stuff to do while he's home, too, and there has to be this balance between that and me, whom he was NOT prepared for.
I think it freaks him out that suddenly, there's this girl in his life that he really, really likes. His life is so directed by his work, and he often wonders aloud if he should even be attempting a relationship while he's doing this, since it's so hard on the partner, and he's so limited in the ways he can be present even emotionally. I can see him wrangling with fitting me in, because what he really wants in his heart, is a partner. It's a bit hard, though, meeting someone online and having to parcel out building something in segments. It would be easier if he were just home for a bit, developed the relationship and THEN left. There'd be more solid ground to stand on. But that's not what we've got to deal with, and so....

Well, here's hoping. I'm awfully attached to him already, and I really want this one to work out. Fingers crossed....

Mental health, Hearth, Home, Etc.: Griffin is still wasting away, although he's still his regular cranky spirited self. He hasn't attempted to bite me since that one time, so I'm hoping some wise adjustments on my part ( he starts gettin crazy, and I don't restrain. I just stop treatment.) will be a good middle ground for us to get through this stage. It's amazing to me he's still holding on. I thought end of summer....and here we are. Of course things could change quickly, I know.
Angel is fine and fat and furry. Hating hot weather. Frequently lays under fan, belly up, legs spread wide open. If there were "Hustler" for cats, I think I'd submit it....

Supposed to be getting a therapist shortly. I am so relieved about this, I can't even say. I have to go through intake, but I am hopeful someone can help. Frankly, at this point, I'm not even too picky anymore. I just really need to go, and their training will have to be good enough. We'll have to figure out the PTSD stuff together, and hopefully, jsut improve this mess of shit in my head enough to make my life work again. I've been mired in the same stuff forever, and I need to clear it out. R is helping fund this, so Big Props to R. Somehow he always saves me when I'm down. (Smooches!). It's such a blessing to have friend like that....I don't know what I would do without him...

I really want to come home in October, and see the leaves change. That's my hope. Go to the pumpkin patches, take some pictures and have a drive out to the bluffs to see the the Fall Spectacle. God, I miss the seasons.

WEll, I'm 0ut of milk, I gotta get up and babysit Joannie tomorrow, and I'm falling asleep at the keyboard. I know it's not the most scintillating writing, but at least it's an update. Til next time...big "Dating Game" show kiss : (::leaning back, turning slightly to wind up arm to throw kiss::) MUAH!! *cue cheesy fade out music*....