Not In Kansas Anymore...

Click your heels, and see if home is where you hang your hat, or somewhere else inside yourself as this simple, postmodern girl takes on L.A.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

And finally, summer descends upon us and surrounds Los Angeles with her smothering wings this week, way later than usual. It rained this year a fair amount more than usual as well, with our having showers well into April, for god's sake ( which is a bit like having a 60degree day in July in the Midwest. It *could* happen, yes, but it really would be weird). So those fantastically oppressive oven-like days have been slow in coming, but here they are.

And I am officially dehydrated. I woke up today feeling like I'd been hit by a truck, after sleeping a good 14 hours. I'm pounding the Gatorade and water as we speak, and I feel a tad better. Two days into summer and I'm already blasted by the heat. I can only hope this will be a mild season, keeping temps under 90 and some nice breezes along with them.

Hope springs eternal. People in hell want ice water. I long for a boyfriend with a pool or a house by the sea. How loftily I dream.....and look for low-fat ice cream bars.