Not In Kansas Anymore...

Click your heels, and see if home is where you hang your hat, or somewhere else inside yourself as this simple, postmodern girl takes on L.A.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Remember that settlement I got from Actor Cop? Well I had some money left over. Alot of money, actually, since the judge saw fit to award me for lost wages.

So I decided: I could play it safe. I could put it in savings. I'm poor.

Or I could do something I've been dreaming about since I was 15 and make my much dreaded 40th something to look forward to.

So I did.
_______________________________________

Dear Jessica,
Thank you for booking your travel through Travelocity. Your trip to Paris, France (CDG) is confirmed. A summary of your reservation is provided below.

Itinerary
Primary Contact: Jessica
Flight: 1 Round-Trip Ticket

Thu, Jan 29, 2009
Los Angeles International Airport, (LAX) to Paris Charles de Gaulle
Next day Detroit, MI (DTW) to Paris, (CDG)

Fri, Feb 6, 2009
Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, (CDG) to Los Angeles International Airport, (LAX)
Arrive: PM Amsterdam, (AMS) to Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Total Travel Time: 13 hrs 50 mins

Hotel: 1 Room, 7 Nights Confirmation
Elysees Union Hotel 44 RUE HAMELIN
Paris

Check in: Fri, Jan 30, 2009
Check out: Fri, Feb 6, 2009
Room 1: Double / Twin Room ( 1 Adult )
Contact: Jessica


___________________________________________________________

I can't even tell you the last time I spent this much money in one fell swoop. Oh, wait: it was a security deposit on this apartment!!!!!! Okay, I can't tell you the last time I spent this much money on something I wanted just for me. Oh wait: that was my car.

I'm totally hyperventilating. I'm also completely out of my mind excited. I don't even have a passport yet. Or anyone to go with. But......hopefully the latter can be corrected soon, and the former is easy to deal with.

VIVA LA FRANCE!! :)