Not In Kansas Anymore...

Click your heels, and see if home is where you hang your hat, or somewhere else inside yourself as this simple, postmodern girl takes on L.A.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

So there I was......

...just sitting in the breakroom eating my cup of yogurt at about 11:30 today when a coworker and I felt a rumble. We thought it was a large truck passing by our building, but it didn't stop.

We had, instead, a 5.8 "mini-quake" ( epicenter in Chino-- not close, maybe 100 miles?) that officially became the First Really Scary Earthquake-y Like Thing I've Ever Been In Since Moving Here. It was like the whole world was on rollers! We leapt up and stood in a doorway, and it lasted about a minute.

Afterwards, I felt like my tummy wouldn't settle and I was dizzy for about 20 minutes. And then things went back to normal.

I've decided I don't like earthquakes very much. Tornadoes, storms, snow, blizzards, etc I can cope with. But I was kind of thinking about it and the sense that the earth isn't going to hold you up? Not a keeper. Thanks anyway.

In the end no one was hurt. A few books fell over, but not many. Can you imagine a more insane place to be if it was bigger? Crazy.

We now return to your regularly scheduled programming.....