Not In Kansas Anymore...

Click your heels, and see if home is where you hang your hat, or somewhere else inside yourself as this simple, postmodern girl takes on L.A.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

....and speaking of certain Austrailians, these two sure look happy. Word is, they're getting married Mar.11 ( that's today!), but who knows. She looks like she's finally starting to defrost, and her smile looked genuine that night. And of course, he looks like the cat that ate the canary. Who wouldn't? A Grammy, an AMA, two CMAs , a triple platinum album and a sold out tour that just finished it's 18 month run, and now NICOLE KIDMAN? I begrudge him nothing. As for her, well, maybe it's not so bad. Tom Cruise was bad. She certainly deserves better than that, and with Keith, I suspect she's going to get it.

NOT that it has anything to do with me. It's just I know that I've been bitching for months now about my nausea at this pairing, and I just wanted to say that I think..... ( resigned sigh) ...I think I might just LIVE!! But seriously, I had a THING going on in my head ( Jung would be so proud at me for using cultural archetypes to work out my issues, wouldn't he?), and I knew it, but I had to work it through ( unfortunately skipping over your own Shadow makes things worse later)! I suspect this sort of thing ( Jungian projections on celebrities that really reflect your own interior conflicts) happens more often than most people realize. They're our Roman Gods and Goddesses, and we endow them with both human frailty and the sheen of divinity, and by watching them live their lives, and play out the human experience, we look to learn. Consciously or not. That's my theory, anyway.

But he's still hot and god knows, if I were her, I'd marry him, too soon or not. And I still like his work. Best wishes to the both of them, and I hope my sexy cowboy shows up soon. If not, I might just have to get some more cats.