Not In Kansas Anymore...

Click your heels, and see if home is where you hang your hat, or somewhere else inside yourself as this simple, postmodern girl takes on L.A.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Hey!

Remember that post I had on July 15, 2006? Sure you do.

Didn't I post the story about that job I had (for one day-- and then bolted outta there) at the house I KNEW was haunted? I know I did. To recap:

It's a crazy story. I didn't know it was haunted when I TOOK the job, and I really liked the lady, but when I got in the house, my little 6th sense just kept yelling "get out, get out, GET OUT". I decided maybe I was nervous, and ignored it, and then started to feel like I was going to throw up, and after a full chant of "GET OUT NOW" in my head I finally said, "Excuse me, I think we need to go outside. I'm feeling a little weird and need some fresh air."

For some reason I knew beyond the shadow of a doubt that something BAD had happened there. I didn't say anything to her, and but she sort of got the inkling I wasn't just needing a Pepto Bismal, so she said, "You're not the first person. I think there's a ghost in there. So and So thinks so, and blah blah blah happened...." til it's like an episode of "Medium" or something.

Pretty soon I just said, "You know what? This is none of my business, and I don't know how I know these things, but I really, really think something BAD happened here. I trust my gut. I mean, like REALLY BAD, and they're buried under the house bad."

Surprisingly, she wasn't fazed by that. I quit the next day and she took it hard, but I told the friend who had referred me to her, "Tell her I'm really sorry again. And tell her to MOVE." I figured, "Ah, what the hell. I'd rather be known as a nutcase than work there. And if I'm making it up in my head, well, so be it. I'll tell the shrink next time I see her."

Welllllll........

Cut to now, 2 years later almost exactly. I ran into this friend ( Debra) again recently, and she stopped me and said, "Jessica! I'm so glad I ran into you! I wanted to tell you: Keely was at a conference with me and this woman came up and tapped her on the shoulder. She said, 'You're Keely_________, aren't you? You live in the house out in ______. Wow. You know, there were some little girls murdered in that house. Cops think they're buried underneath it. ' I wanted to tell you, Jessica, because I know you felt really bad about leaving Keely, but she moved finally, and you did the right thing."

Cut to me with my jaw hanging open. I stuttered something like, "Well, uh, I'm really glad she moved. That's for the best, I think, don't you?" And me shaking my head, like, WTF?

In summation to this interesting tidbit of news, I offer: 1.) always listen to your gut and 2.) don't hang around where you're not wanted!!

Shows to go ya, I say. :)