Not In Kansas Anymore...

Click your heels, and see if home is where you hang your hat, or somewhere else inside yourself as this simple, postmodern girl takes on L.A.

Thursday, December 04, 2008

I think the Universe took a little pity on me this week, because:

1.) Orbitz, for no particular reason I can determine, offered me a "courtesy cancellation" on that $400 plane ticket home. While I was under the impression that most plane tickets are use-them-now-or-use-them-later-but-the-money-is-spent non-refundable, I got back ( or Roy's credit card did) everything minus a small $6 processing fee. $6?!?!? I think I can handle owing Roy $6. At any rate, I'm not questioning it. I'm just grateful. And I've got to think of something amazing to do for Roy & Ron for Christmas, I think.

2.) My mother, without provocation or request, sent me a check today. I was seriously laying in bed this morning lamenting losing a week's worth of work over this debacle, and then I went to the mailbox and received a nice surprise. This means I can ACTUALLY pay some bills and not be so behind on everything that I'm worried I'll be spending part of the month in the dark/without heat. Granted, I'm sure my mom has a string attached to this gift ( need I remind you that my brother got a box of cereal one year for Christmas after she helped him out with some random thing financially?), but that's just fine. I'd rather have my power on than open a Wii or yet another knick-knack I have to dust.

So Whomever/Whatever is Up There, thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.