Not In Kansas Anymore...

Click your heels, and see if home is where you hang your hat, or somewhere else inside yourself as this simple, postmodern girl takes on L.A.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Granted, I have rampant PMS right now, so a sentimental AT & T commercial could set me to crying, but I was in my car tonight, and I heard this ( you have to click on the little player on the lower right hand corner) and good grief if I didn't start bawling! I just thought, "OMG and praise Whomever, he's gotten himself back and we all get the benefit."

After the awfulness of his last album with poorly written, laconic, and annoyingly "these are all about my new wife"-cheese-centric songs that were also clearly befuddled by his substance issues, Mr. Urban finally sounds like himself again. His lovely, clear-toned, spirit-and-love-infused melodically-rich self.

For all of us who thought, "Oh for the love of GAWD, he's gone and married a big movie star and it's all downhill from here", who watched as rehab took a loooooong time and the rest was all pretty much negligible and/or predictable, we can finally *exhale*.

And all is right with the world. Surely this has to be a good sign. One would hope.

YAY!