Not In Kansas Anymore...

Click your heels, and see if home is where you hang your hat, or somewhere else inside yourself as this simple, postmodern girl takes on L.A.

Monday, January 22, 2007

So THEN a trip to see Master P pretty much clears the whole thing up. I'm so glad he's a good diagnostician, and ready to do OTHER doctors' jobs, since apparently, nobody else I see is doing theirs....

THe deal is this. A normal EBV titer is under 0.99, non-acute, producing no symptoms. MY EBV titers are 1.67, and somewhere in the range of acute ( although that was a 10 minute debate I'll spare you; suffice it say the medical community is not in agreement as to how this virus actually harbors its existence once in the body), producing symptoms ( mostly fatigue, apathy and low grade depression). Additionally, my TSH ( thyroid) is borderline low ( so borderline that if I had a test at a different lab with different ranges it WOULD be low; again, another 10 minute discussion. When did medicine get so theorhetical? Jeez!). Add togther and mix, and what you have is my need to sleep about 15 hours a day, hair falling out in the shower, muslce weakness, a cough that won't go away, and about as much enthusiasm for things that formerly seemed enticing as I have for dentistry.

Which led Master P to answer my question, "So what do we do?" with " Treat your thyroid, watch what happens, and you rest. "

Good times.

In other news, I had planned on having a birthday party for myself this year, but I have since decided that I can't afford it, nor do I want to deal with the hassle. No one is able to come, ( only 4 people have RSVP'd yes, and the rest of those who haven't yet are working my last nerve in the Etiquette Department. I am SO not going to call and ask!), and I can't afford to buy chips n' dip for the world. Dani says, "Well, then, if they're going to be rude bastards, let them go chipless!!" I can see that tack, but it also leaves me sitting at home wondering who's gonna show. THAT is depressing. I hate my birthday enough already.

More good times.

Besides that, not much else to report. Besides cutting off 6 inches of hair ( re: see above about the shower) and being super obsessed with all the new lip glosses at the local Rite-Aid, that's all I've had the strength to muster to get excited about. I can get it going for about an hour or so, and then I need a nap.

But it beats a hole in the head, or heart, any day of the week, so I ain't bitchin'. (Too much, anyway. Hey, if I quit completely, you'd know I was dead). Amen to that.