Not In Kansas Anymore...

Click your heels, and see if home is where you hang your hat, or somewhere else inside yourself as this simple, postmodern girl takes on L.A.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

It's POURING here. Totally weird. You know that stupid song, "It Never Rains In California"? Well, it DOESN'T. The only time it's supposed to rain is when it's "winter" ( quotation marks there to imply irony): from about October to mid-March, it rains pretty regularly and stops pretty abruptly. No breakthrough storms, no sudden surprise showers. It just stops. ( Unless you live at the beach, and most people don't). So it's been raining pretty regularly and staying pretty "cold" (again, those ironic quotation marks- I mean 60degrees) too late in the season. Here it is almost May and raining!!

And I'm so bored, I'm writing about the weather. Still no job. I've done every bit of laundry in the apartment. No boys, but should that be a surprise? They've been a great deal of trouble anyway lately, and I'm not in the mood for more crap. Still, the deisre doesn't go away....so I've making close friends with donuts. The money will run out for donuts soon, and then I'll be screwed. Or NOT, which is the problem to begin with.

And, since it's not May Sweeps, no new episodes of anything til well, May. "Alias" is new, because the show is ending. But since they killed off Vaughn, what's the point of watching? Even the cats are going crazy, because they want to be outside, rolling around in the sunshine. Except there's no sunshine to be had. I've been dreaming of exotic vacation locations, as if I had the money. I just want some wartmth. Some sun. Some loveliness.

Can't get any satisfaction on that one, weather-wise or any way else.