Not In Kansas Anymore...

Click your heels, and see if home is where you hang your hat, or somewhere else inside yourself as this simple, postmodern girl takes on L.A.

Friday, April 14, 2006

In other news ( I'm making up for all the entries I didnt manage to get to in the last few weeks...), I saw this beautiful and amazing video , and fell in love with it. ( You have to click on the "Not Ready To Make Nice" link to get to QuickTime player). I think Sophie Mueller is just great anyway, but to do such a visually and thematically powerful video for a band like the Dixie Chicks ( who really personify my personal iimage of strong, sassy women) is a stupedous feat for the country music world. No sign of hay or tractors anywhere, it sort of breaks the mold in that genre, and stands on its own as a wondeful piece of work all by itself anyway.

Oh, to make work like that....