Not In Kansas Anymore...

Click your heels, and see if home is where you hang your hat, or somewhere else inside yourself as this simple, postmodern girl takes on L.A.

Monday, June 05, 2006

23 minutes remaining...

Yes, still woefully unemployed, and my mood sinking lower by the minute. Why, why, WHY? I am not asking for the world, nor am I asking for a Perfect Situation. I just want a job, a simple job, that I can go to and not hate or hate myself for doing for about 5 hours a day.

On top of all this, Dee has decided to withhold my last paycheck. No, not kidding. It's $100- not a lot of cash for her, but for me, it means the difference between my power and/or gas being turned off. She says that she feels we're "even" since she, when she was closing her shop was giving away anything that wasn't nailed down, and I got a tv. Oh, and since Jeannie, my "fucked up friend" cost her "hundreds of dollars" in storage fees because her salon equipment didnt sell on ebay right away.

I have a few problems with her characterization of events ( can events be characterized? They're not people...hmm...). FIRST, Jeannie TOLD her that as soon as her items were sold the storage fees would be figured into the buyer's cost and she would recoup the money. Dee said, "I don't care, just get it out of here." NOW she's bitching because she has to pay in the interim? What do you think this is, lady? Groan.

Secondly, I was not informed that accepting any gifts from this wackjob would perclude my getting paid my regular hourly wage. Since I was only one of four employees getting the swag leftover from her old place, and I can readily assume that THEY were still paid their hourly wage, then why should I expect otherwise? I was not informed the gifts were to be in leiu of my paycheck when I WAS her employee; therefore, she still owes me . And don't think I won't take this bitch to small claims court, because if I win ( and I WILL), she will have to pay all my filing fees as well. She thinks she can just scare me a little and I'll go away, because for WHATEVER reason, she's feeling vindictive? No. NO DEAL. Wrong girl, lady!

Oh, but what I wouldn't give to have her out of my life and be past this and on to something better, something new.

12 minutes remaining. It's like some kid of weird Jungian signpost; like a soundtrack for my life, lately. Ugh.