Not In Kansas Anymore...

Click your heels, and see if home is where you hang your hat, or somewhere else inside yourself as this simple, postmodern girl takes on L.A.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Four in the morning. Am I in bed asleep? Of course not, or else I wouldn't be writing here. Why am I not asleep? Because it's hot. It's been hot for days, but now it's humid. Why? Fuck if I know. I moved 2000 miles to get away from summers like this and damned if we're in the middle of an 80% humidity heatwave.

Humidity makes me want to sleep and sleep and sleep. I always say I have a backward hibernation system, or some twisted form of SAD. I love winter, I love rain, I love all the cold weather. This kind of weather always makes me want to not leave the house, eat carbs and sleep like a bear. It always makes me grumpy and down. The September comes and cool winds blow in and I'm a normal person again. Maybe I should move to Seattle.

I need a pool. Or access to a pool. Could I get a prescription for that ? ( Note to self: ask shrink.) And a boyfriend ( who will bring me sandwiches and give me a GOOD use of sweat versus just sitting around and sweating, and sleep with me on cool sheets.). Pretty sure I can't get the latter there on prescription. Wonder how to acquire? ( Note to self: do NOT call up old boyfriends out of desperation. Besides, when did they ever bring you sandwiches?) .

Save me. Anybody.