Not In Kansas Anymore...

Click your heels, and see if home is where you hang your hat, or somewhere else inside yourself as this simple, postmodern girl takes on L.A.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Allright, I don't know what's going on in the Universe, but I am a moving target for all manner of humorous mishaps this week. First the hair thing, and then today....

It's been one of those days, but I just have to make a joke about it or I'll have a stroke....

So I'm running late for an interview already when I reach up into the cabinet to grab some sugar for my coffee. I guess I wasn't paying attention, because there were two cans of unsweetened cocoa on the same shelf, ( the very top one) and they came down at me before I could stop them. One even bonked me on the bridge of my nose before it hit the counter.

The only problem was that one of the cans didn't have the lid secured properly. You can guess what happened next. Yup: flying cocoa everywhere. And I do mean everywhere: my washer/dryer is right next to the counter, and I had a load of laundry in a basket sitting next to it. All over the clothes, the floor, the sink, the washer, me......

And I'm still cleaning it up. I'm going to be doing laundry all night, and then I have to get behind the washer and get all that powder out from behind.

As if this wasn't bad enough, I then spilled the sugar. Luckily it was in the sink, but I think I'm staying away from all dry goods for the rest of the day. Maybe all week.

So I was late for the interview and the woman had already left. I explained briefly to her assistant, and she told me to come back at 1pm tomorrow. I can only hope she will believe such a silly story and still consider me for the job. ::Strains of "A Chorus Line": "I really need this job/Please God, I need this job/ I want to GET THIS JOOOOOOOB!!!!"

Ahem.

I swear, sometimes my life strains credulity. Sometimes I think I must look like some histrionic compulsively hyperbolic excuse-maker. But it's true, it's all true, just some of the names have been changed.