Not In Kansas Anymore...

Click your heels, and see if home is where you hang your hat, or somewhere else inside yourself as this simple, postmodern girl takes on L.A.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Okay, lots of news to tell, and I'll get to that soon. But first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jbya4kxC6E

You know, when I first saw David Byrne I had just celebrated my Sweet 16 about a week prior. Some might say I was young and impressionable, but I watched him in "Stop Making Sense" and it changed my life forever. I said to myself, "I want to do what he does," in the sense of making art and shaking things up. I think I'm forever chasing that, still.

I've often wondered if my nostalgia for that moment kept me on track with what my heart really wants or just kept me stuck in a rut toward ideas that I've failed to update. Now that I watch the above clip, I have to wager that it's the former. After all, if Our Featured Player in the clip was impacted, you know it was a big cultural deal.

Same as it ever was.......same as it ever WAS.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.