Not In Kansas Anymore...

Click your heels, and see if home is where you hang your hat, or somewhere else inside yourself as this simple, postmodern girl takes on L.A.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

I'm tired of sitting around wondering. So sue me. I sent this:


Header: listen...

Jan 26, 2008 8:33 PM PST

...I had a really great time getting to know you, and when we met last weekend I thought we had a real connection. However, one very brief email aside, I haven't heard anything from you all week. I figured you might call, since you said you would, but no dice.I'm presuming then, that perhaps your experience of our meeting wasn't the same as mine,and/or you've changed your mind since saying you "were interested in more."

Whatever the reason, I haven't heard from you, it's okay. I do so wish you would have been upfront about it, though, like the nice guy I know you to be and strive to be. I would have accepted that and been gracious, so there was no cause for any concern that I would have made it awkward or ugly. It's just too bad it had to end on a sort of crappy note instead of an honest one.

As it stands while I don't regret meeting you and I have thoroughly enjoyed all of our talks an emails. I wish you well in your search for a partner. You are a lovely man and deserve to be happy. We all do.

Best,
Jessica

_________________________________________________

I don't play games, I just don't. But that doesn't mean I can't be gracious, or polite while being forward. Call me a nutjob, or overly bent on closure. Are you right? I suppose the public will be split on that. I think it was the right thing to do for myself, and that's what matters.

It's sad. I think we could have had a nice relationship. OH well. Life is short, isn't that what I said? Might as well be with someone who wants to be with me. That makes it a helluva alot easier in the long run, anyway.....