Not In Kansas Anymore...

Click your heels, and see if home is where you hang your hat, or somewhere else inside yourself as this simple, postmodern girl takes on L.A.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Well, I went to go deliver Mr. Actor Cop his papers tonight, having roped someone into playing process server, and after an unsuccessful attempt, I knocked on the neighbor's door to find out if they were out of town, or what. Turns out he MOVED. To where, she didn't know, but this is how she closed the conversation, "I'd call his agent." Okay, but I had already talked to Lawyer Friend again about that and he made it clear to me that serving his agent would NOT count in court. (They just settled that on the books, apparently.) So I'd better pray that Agent is going to be helpful. ::Snort. :: Yeah, because that's what agents are allllll about.

Goddammit, the man hit me, I have medical bills, he lied about being a cop, and what am I supposed to DO since I can't track him down or get close enough to even hurl the papers at him? I was complaining to Lynnie, who was going to serve him, and she said, "There has to be some procedure for this. Think about it- what if you had to serve Brad Pitt or something? People sue actors bigger than this all the time. You should call the courts. "

I agree-- he clearly has concerns about security, as the old house had a giant security fence, so he might be a semi-aloof type. And what if he's shooting in New York, or on a location somewhere? What the hell do I do then?

Just another fun twist to living in Sunny LA. When they say it's not all glamour and glitz, they're right. Sometimes, it is a just a plain old royal pain in the ass, just because you're here, instead of somewhere NORMAL.

ARGHGHGHGHGHHHH!!!!!!